You are welcome to visit or join us at any time.
The Atherton Tableland Baptist church has formally operated here since the opening of the original building in 1969. It is part of Baptist Family of Churches in Queensland. The church has functioned as a place of worship for the local congregation and has also offered a wide range of services to this district.
The original church building was destroyed by Cyclone Larry in March 2006 and 8th September 2007 we commenced using the rebuilt complex.
Our Pastor, the Rev John Whyte is the thirteenth pastor of this church and he has worked as a pastor for many years. John has served in a number of baptist churches around Queensland from small country churches to the larger centres.
In our church, we are committed to a number of core values. These are as follows:
- To know the Lord Jesus personally, more fully and intimately.
- To live in submission to the Lordship of Christ and God’s Word.
- To be committed to prayer and expressing our dependence upon God.
- To work together as a united team.
- To be committed to winning lost souls in our community and beyond.
- To support and encourage one another within the whole congregation.
- To practice authentic worship and believer’s baptism; partake of the Lord’s Supper and to preach God’s Word.
- To serve God sacrificially in humility with commitment.